.....

10:19:00 PM


Its is one consumptive sin ..

All pervasive and long enduring ..

I am its slave ..

For years unmeasured…

I have given up more than  could afford ..

And yet not seen light…

When I see the possibility ..

A glimmer of resolve,

My feet solidify..

My body refuses to budge …

Like a wax statue ..

That is erect and strong in the cold ,

And melting in the heat of the moment…

Yet not responsive to anything else..

Eyes constantly searching..

The mind flitting across a thousand things

Like a butterfly..

And the body remains ..

 I see it takes more than resolve…

It takes superhuman strength…

Its takes a great sense of time…

Of responsibility …

And I have none…

it wasn’t unduely credited

Among the seven deadly Sins..

SLOTH.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Google+ Badge

Facebook

Instagram